This is a supper yummy oil free salad dressing that can be used for so many different things throughout the week.
I had it, as pictured below, on a bed of lettuce, red cabbage, fresh sliced strawberries, roasted chickpeas and roasted asparagus. I also had it over some oven roasted oil-free chips for a super simple lunch.
If you want a slightly sweeter dressing, without adding more sweetener, strawberries could be used in place of the raspberries. And a tbsp of hemp seeds would work in place of the almonds to create the creamy texture if you need to cater for nut allergies.
The recipe will blend much easier if you pre-soak the almonds before blending to soften them but if you don’t have the time for this it’ll still work if you just blend for a minute or so longer.
Raspberry Basil Summer Salad dressing
Serves: 1/2 a cup to last a week
Time: <10 mins
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 bunch (about 1 cup) fresh basil
- 4-5 almonds (pre-soaked)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- juice 1/2 a lime
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Add a little water if needed to help it blend but not too much or it’ll be too runny.
- Adjust maple syrup for sweetness.
- Store in an airtight container and it’ll last about a week.