This is such a yummy bean burger recipe with so much goodness packed in, wholegrain, beans, veg, nuts and spices! definitely a good recipe to impress non-vegans and will keep everyone happy as its super tasty.
- The quinoa can be switched for any grain really whatever you have on hand.
- The breadcrumbs as well can probably be switched for any type of breadcrumb although I haven’t tried.
- You can add more or less of the breadcrumbs or grains if the beetroot makes the mix a little too sloppy to handle.
- If you’d like a crispier burger, you can lightly pan fry them after they’ve been cooked (so they hold their shape).
I hope you LOVE the receipe and tag me in any of your recreations on insta @naturallyvegangina
(I also have a new youtube up where I eat only pink foods including a video of me making this burger)
Vegan Beet Burger
Serves: 4 Large burgers
- 1 tin of black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 pre-cooked beetroots
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 a cup of chestnuts
- 1/2 a cup of quinoa (cooked)
- 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C
- Bend the beans, beets, chestnuts, quinoa, flax and breadcrumbs in a food processor until a chunky mix is formed.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- In a good non stick pan fry the onion, garlic and fresh herbs in the olive oil until the onion begins to caramelize
- Mix the onion & herbs mixture in with the rest of the ingredients as well as all the other seasonings.
- Pulse for another few seconds in the food processor if you’d like a smoother patty.
- Using your hands (after removing the blades from the food processor) form 4 burger shapes with the mixture and place on a lined baking try.
- Bake for 30 min one side then flip and cook for another 20 minutes on the other side.
- Put into a bun with all your fave toppings and enjoy!