This is such a staple recipe of mine! It’s so good for when you wanna do something fancy for yourself or guests/ family but wanna keep it healthy and aligned with your goals.
- I’ve used various different flavored proteins in these before but I do prefer unflavored to be honest as some of the sweeteners in protein powders can be a bit much for me. However, if you do use an unsweetened protein, bare in mind there is no other added sweetness to this recipe (except from the banana). Some maple syrup drizzled on top at the end if fab or if you want some sweet added in, add a little spoon of coconut sugar to the mix.
- Any plant milk will work, I usually use whatever I’ve got open but I do prefer almond in these for taste.
I like to layer each pancake with slices of the other 1/2 banana. The ones in the photo I’ve topped with some almond yogurt, extra blueberries and some maple syrup! I hope you love this recipe and don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Instagram @naturallyvegangina
Chocolate blueberry Pancakes
Serves: 1 person/ 4-5 pancakes
Time: 30 mins
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- handful of blueberries
- Blend the oats, chia seeds, protein, cacao powder and baking powder in a blender to create a “flour”.
- Add in the banana and almond milk and blend until fully combined and thick – Put to the side to thicken as you heat the pan.
- Place a good non-stick pan on medium heat (coat with a small spray of oil if you need it).
- Pour on a small amount of the pancake mixture to create one pancake, spread it a little by tilting the pan to create the round shape you want.
- Plop on a few blueberries on top and carefully squish into the pancake as the underneath cooks.
- When you can see lots of little bubbles formed in the pancake (about 1 minute) flip over with a non metal spatula. Cook the other side for about 30 seconds before transferring to a plate.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all the mixture is gone.
- Top with whatever you fancy and serve!