These overnight oats are such a staple of mine. I make them most days to take to work in the morning, saving precious time and energy in the morning rush. This is a yum healthy breakfast with a mix of carbohydrates to keep you feeling full all morning until lunch!
The toppings make it with this dish so don’t hold back on all the fruit, berries, almond butter, granola, coconut fakes and chocolate sauce (I use one that’s all natural ingredients).
- Replace the milk with your fave plant based milk as usual. Oat and Almond are my go to.
- If you wanted a higher protein breakfast add protein powder to the dry ingredients before adding the milk. Just a table spoon or it’ll taste chalky. chocolate or vanilla flavor would be best.
I also have a video of making these oats alongside 2 other breakfast recipes. You can check this out here.
Remember to tag me on Instagram in any of your recreations @naturallyVeganGina
Chocolate Overnight Oats
Time: 5 mins (+ left overnight or a few hours to soak)
- 50g Oats
- 150ml Almond milk
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Toppings! I used banana, strawbs, almond butter, cacao nibs, granola and choc shot.
- Mix the oats, chia seeds and cacao together. Stir well or the cacao won’t dissolve as well into the milk.
- Add in the almond milk, stirring well. Cover and place in the fridge overnight (or for a few hours).
- Remove from the fridge, top with all the yummy toppings & enjoy!