This is a super yummy fall recipe, that’ll be perfect for those leftover Christmas Brussels sprouts! Its really warming and filling without feeling too heavy or stodgy so is yummy for cold rainy evenings.
You can switch the molasses for regular molasses or leave out entirely if you don’t have to hand.
Remember to tag me in your pics if you make any of these recipes! @naturallyvegangina
- 200 g sprouts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 140 g cooked gnocchi
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tbsp butter beans
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C.
- Cut sprouts in half length ways and thinly slice 2 cloves of garlic, place into a bowl.
- Cover the sprouts and garlic with vinegar, molasses and maple syrup then pour onto a covered baking tray, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring half way through cooking.
- While these cook, chop the remaining garlic and 1/2 a red onion into thin slices & add this to a non stick frying pan with the vegan butter on low heat until onions appear translucent.
- Add in the butter beans and gnocchi. Lightly fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden on the sides.
- Squeeze over some lemon and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and take off the heat.
- Once the sprouts are cooked, they should be crispy on the outside and soft enough to push a fork through easily. Take them out of the oven and mix in to the gnocchi mixture and add the parsley.