I LOVE smoothie bowls! This one in particular I make regularly as a breakfast, as a sweet treat or even as a post workout lunch.
The key is to be very patient as its blending. You’ll be tempted to add more liquid to help it blend but this will result in fruit soup bowl, which is also very yummy admittedly but just doesn’t have that creamy ice cream like texture that makes the smoothie bowls I make so good!
You can also add protein powder to this to suit your own personal goals. I sometimes do if I’m having it on its own as a meal. However, this is absolutely not necessary.
Simple berry smoothie bowl
Time: >15 mins
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1 cup frozen fruit mixed berries
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Freeze bananas in chunks before making recipe (at least over night.)
- Chuck all ingredients (except the almond butter) into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- You may need to stop the blender and push the fruit down towards the blades with a plastic spatula occasionally.
- Pour/scoop into a bowl. Top with the almond butter. Enjoy!